Condition monitoring of steel cord belts by remote access
With nearly 30 years of experience in testing steel cord and fabric belts, the original inventor of conveyor belt monitoring (cbm) in Australia summarises some of the latest North American developments in practical and technology-appropriate steel cord belt scanning using remote access.
By Dr Alex Harrison, FIEAust, Conveyor Technologies Ltd, Denver
In the US and Canada, the bulk handling and mining industry
is keenly aware of the need for practical and appropriate
high technology to protect expensive conveying systems
while operating in a litigious commercial environment should belt failures occur.
Weekly Top Stories
- NORD Drivesystems bringing new technology to AIMEX
- Ausenco uses Rylson to target optimisation
- ICBMH marks its 30th year in 2013
- Sandvik sheds 69 jobs across Hunter facilities
- 2013 Budget delivers mixed fortunes for Bulkies