The first Drymix Mortar conference in Sydney
In a first for Australia, the country’s drymix mortar community will assemble in Sydney on September 11th for a seminar organised by www.drymix.info, an online subscription portal run by Ferdinand Leopolder.
The seminar will run at the Novotel Manly Pacific in Sydney, from 9am until 4:30pm.
A delegate welcome event will take place on the evening of Monday 10th September, supported by CT Australia and IMCD.
The programme sessions and speakers include:
- Valentino de Fazio, Acquos: The Use of Acrylic Polymer Powders as Additives to Increase Water Resistance in Drymix Mortars
- Tom B. Benn, Adelaide Brighton Cement Company: Render – Is there a case for an Australian Standard?
- Dr. Rolf Offerhaus, Ardex Australia: Natural Stone Installation - the Influence of Mortars and Grouts
- Graham Larsen-Smith, Construction Chemicals Australia: Drymix Mortar in Australia - The Evolution of a Market
- Scott Worthington, Construction Technology Australia: Lightweight Technologies in Tile Mortars and Installation Systems - A Case Study
- Jean-Paul Lecomte, Dow Corning Europe: Silane and Siloxane Based Hydrophobic Powder - Accelerated Ageing of Modified Cement-Based Mortar
- Engelbert K, Haver & Boecker OHG: State-of-the-Art Bagging Solutions for Construction Products
- Andrew Martin, Kerneos: Time Stable Reactivity for Dry Mix Mortars
- Udo Wunderling, Knauf-pft: It's Plaster but Faster! Highly Efficient Render Application Using Machines
- Harold Schoonbrood, Wacker: Sustainability in Formulation and Use: Carbon Footprint Savings from Cement Reductions, Emissions, and Energy Savings with EIFS
The conference also features an industry showcase of raw material and equipment suppliers. The event’s gold sponsors are: Aquos, Baumhter, Haver & Boecker, Kerneos, Wacker and WAM Australia.
Ferdinand Leopolder studied German Literature, Theatre Sciences and Philosophy at Ludwig Maximilians Universitt in Mnchen and later at Friedrich Alexander Universitt Erlangen-Nrnberg (Prof. Sandig).
In 1988 he started working for Raschig Corp of Richmond, VA in road resurfacing systems, emulsifier production and polymer recycling (PP and PVC).
From 1991 to 2001 he worked with Wacker Chemie GmbH in Munich on global market development for redispersible powders.
In 2002 he founded www.drymix.info, an international community for drymix mortars encompassing industry consulting, networking, journalistic activities, events and database development.